Every team member is crucial to shaping how the The Assembly feels, looks, and functions for our members, instructors, and the community. To apply for our open positions, please send a resume and brief cover letter (in body of the email is preferred) to email@example.com. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Front Desk Team Member
The Assembly is looking for a passionate, motivated, kind, wellness-oriented Front Desk Team Member to join us at the front desk + coffee bar. This position is an hourly position. Additional perks include complimentary fitness classes, access to our amenities, events and excursions.
Who You Are
- You are eager to join a team that values health, wellness, hospitality, and community.
- You are warm, personable, organized, a do-er, and genuinely enjoy building connections and relationships with others.
- You believe no task is too small, as you appreciate how everything contributes to our mission and functionality of the space.
- You have had experience working events and/or in the service industry and you are excited to help bring the dream alive in our gorg space.
- You are a lover of the outdoors, physical activity, quiet time, a hot cup of tea, mindfulness, a cold dip in the ocean, or anything else that makes you feel your best.
- You are curious and keen to learn new skills but aren’t afraid to ask for help or guidance.
Every team member is crucial to shaping how the The Assembly feels, looks, and functions for our members, instructors, and the community.
How You’ll Contribute
We are looking for a team member to work on our coffee bar/front desk team.
- You’ll be the first person our members see when entering the space, and it’s important to make them feel right at home – you’ll learn the names and faces of our members and are excited to hear about their interests, passions, and stories.
- You’ll help set the tone for the space and see the importance of being warm, welcoming, and inviting to all.
- Welcoming members and guests to our beautiful space.
- Setting up, executing, and breaking down events
- Facilitating class check in using booking and payment system.
- Answering phones and responding to emails regarding classes, upcoming events, and general inquiries.
- Creating an atmosphere that is friendly, welcoming, and inclusive for everyone.
- Taking initiative to do something even if it’s not in your purview.
- Making and selling coffee, light snacks, and merchandise.
- Helping with cleaning and tidying of the space throughout your shift.
- Cleaning workout space and equipment after classes.
- Collaborating with instructors to ensure they have all necessary equipment, technology, and correct room configuration for a successful class.
- Building fruitful relationships with instructors, members and their guests.