Date: January 5, 2018
Communications and Your Account Responsibilities
When you visit the Sites or communicate with The Assembly by signing up with your email, you are communicating electronically. You consent to receive communications from The Assembly electronically. The Assembly will communicate with you by email or by posting notifications on the Sites. You understand and agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that The Assembly provides electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
If you apply for membership with The Assembly or purchase products or Services through the Sites, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account, password, and for restricting access to your computer or device.
You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account and password.
You can help The Assembly maintain the accuracy of your personal information by updating your account. Please update this information when you change your email address, and as applicable, address, phone number, or payment information.
The Assembly reserves the right to refuse service or communications, or to terminate membership or guest agreements or accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders for products and Services, at its sole discretion.
User Provided Information
The Assembly only collects personal information about individuals - such as names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers - when such information is knowingly provided to The Assembly by you. Personal information may be obtained from online transactions, including any membership or guest application, event application, or payment or any purchase of products. Additionally, personal information may be transmitted as part of a form submission or in connection with other activities or Services made available on the Sites. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information voluntarily and at your own risk.
The Assembly may use the information provided by you to contact you with required notices, important information, events and presentations at our premises, Services, and marketing promotions. You may choose to opt-out of any of these notices (other than those required by applicable law, rule or regulation) by selecting to do so at the bottom of each email you receive from us or by emailing us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information that is Automatically Collected
The Assembly may also collect certain non-personally identifiable information from users of our Sites, such as their internet protocol address, the type of browser and operating system they use, the domain name of your internet service provider, and the web pages, content and advertisements you may have visited, viewed or clicked on. We use various technologies to collect that information, including the following:
- Web beacons: Pages of our Sites may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also referred to as single-pixel gifs) that permit us to count users who have visited those pages and for other related websites statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Sites content and verifying system and server integrity). Web beacons allow ad networks to provide anonymized, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for us and for advertisers. Web beacons also enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you visit other websites. Web beacons are not used to access your personal information on our Sites and are only used to compile aggregated statistics concerning use of our sites. You may be able to opt-out of web beacon tracking conducted by third parties through our Sites and Services by adjusting the Do Not Track settings on your browser. Please note that we do not control whether or how these third parties comply with Do Not Track requests.
- IP Addresses. Our computers may also collect your IP address, which is a numerical address that is used to identify a computer connected to the internet. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Sites, to deliver web pages to You upon request, to tailor our Sites and Services to the interests of our members and guests, and to measure traffic within our Sites.
How Your Information is Used
The following are some examples of how The Assembly might use the personal information collected through the Sites or Services:
- If you apply for membership or purchase products available for sale on the Sites, the required personal information (similar to that provided during a telephone or mail order purchase) will be used to complete your order.
- If you indicate that you are interested in receiving The Assembly related news and information, you may receive emails to the email address you provided as part of the registration process.
- We may use it to protect our Sites, Services, systems, information, employees, business partners, service providers, users, members or others.
- We may use it Detect, investigate, prevent, and respond to activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.For the non-personally identifiable information collected throughout the Sites and Services.
Aggregate data could be analyzed to describe the collective characteristics and behaviors of online visitors, and subsequently be used to further optimize the effectiveness of the Sites, Services and the overall experience.
Confidentiality of Your Information and Security
We employ reasonable security measures to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal identifiable information that we collect and maintain. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information or that any communication or transmission of such information over the internet will be entirely secure.
Sharing of Your Information
We may share your personal information with third parties, including in the following instances:
- who assist us in providing our Sites and Services (such as data storage providers) and processing communications on and through our Sites;
- law enforcement officials, to the extent we believe necessary to comply with laws, regulations, court or administrative orders, or other governmental authority or to prevent harm to Yourself or others;
- businesses or third party websites we’re affiliated with may sell or provide products or services to you through or in connection with the Sites or Services (either alone or jointly with us);
- upon a merger, acquisition, divestiture or transfer or sale of some or all of our assets or upon any other corporate reorganization, and in connection with the evaluation of and entry into the foregoing transactions;
- And where you have specifically authorized us to do so.
We may also share non-personally identifiable information to third parties on an aggregate basis for purposes of analyzing usages and trends, improving or enhancing our Sites, improving existing products and services, and developing new ones.
Currently, we do not participate in any "Do Not Track" frameworks that would allow The Assembly to respond to signals or other mechanisms from You regarding the collection of your information. We may engage third parties, such as marketing or analytics partners, who may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Sites and Services.
No Information From Children Under 13
The Assembly is not intended for and does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If you believe that your child is using our Sites or Services or that we have collected information from your child, please contact us immediately so that we can remove that information from our database.
Third Party Websites
If you do not want to receive promotional communications from us, you can opt out at any time by sending a request to email@example.com
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of their personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for our mailing list.
The Assembly is a place to go every day,
where all of the pieces come together.
449 14th St., Mission District, San Francisco
Hours of Operation: